Hi everyone, it feels great to be back, I was under the weather for the better half of last week.
I couldn’t even put out a post on Friday. I am feeling much better though and ready to tackle this week head on.
Sunday was the 50th day of 2017. It’s no big deal but I am grateful, especially after being sick. Which is why I decided to list the 5 things I am grateful for so far.
1. Sewing -I have always wanted to learn how to sew. It’s just a curiosity that has never left and I’m grateful that I am doing just that now.
I have been doing it for almost a month now and I am progressing quickly – not to toot my own horn- my instructor says so.
I have a dream that one day I won’t have to spend a lot of money on clothes. A dream that one day I will sew everything I want and my mama will be jealous 😈.
2. My Blog – How much love I have for my blog is often underestimated. I am the kind of person who overthinks every little thing and wonders ‘what will people think’ ?, ‘is it good enough’ or ‘am I good enough’ ?.
My blog exhausts me and sometimes I want to take a break but, that tiny smile at the corner of my mouth when I am writing a post or when I get a comment – it’s worth it.
The fact that I am still blogging is a testament to my growing up. Yes, I still panic and feel insecure about myself and the blog sometimes but Ada is getting there!
3. Repj360 – This is the name of my friends’ band (yes my friends are in a band, I am cool like that😎).
Seriously though, it’s easy to give up on your artistic dreams given the way our country regards creatives. It is okay to be a Doctor, Lawyer or Accountant (not that there’s anything wrong with these professions) ,people are always praying for God to help you.
Mention a mixtape however, and what you will hear is ‘this one is not serious’ or ‘you just wasted your parents money’.
These guys keep pushing through and I am really proud of them. I wish I could support them more but I do too little (God help Me). They have 2 singles and a love mash up which are all wonderful but don’t take my word for it, go to their website and check them out for yourself.
4. My KStote bag – Anyone who reads my blog will know that I am
a little a lot obsessed with this bag.
NO I am not being paid to advertise but I am super excited that it’s on its way FINALLY!!!! and I think I will do a style post on it soooooooon.
I absolutely love the inscription on it, it’s artsy and inspirational but not pretentious, can’t wait to show you guys.
5. My Family – This may sound cliché but I don’t care. I love these people because in their own individual way each one of them has annoyed, inspired and loved me.
I’m grateful, for my DD who always asks about my blog even though he has no idea what it’s s about, for my mama who makes me laugh and who I fight with everyday, for CA who is my third pair of eyes and whose random suggestions are always great and manage to fuel my creativity, for EA who is my photographer and my proofreader (I don’t know what I will do when you guys go back to school) and finally for G.O. who should really show more interest in my blog 😒, but is my IG day 1 nigga.
I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH
What are you grateful for, even if you can only name one, I assure you it will go a long way.
Let me know in the comments.
P. S. Don’t forget to Subscribe, I would love to send you exclusive information and a monthly round up…. No Spam I promise 🤚